Different Ways to Use Essential Oils-Part 2.


Great Ways to Use Essential Oils-Part 2.



Different Ways to Use Essential Oils-Part 2.


Do you need to know about the different ways to use essential oils? Definitely, a big YES! As time goes on, knowledge changes so we need to keep up with the latest knowledge if we are going to get the maximum benefit from our oils.

Later, in this post, I will discuss how you can start taking responsibility for your wellness.

When I first came upon essential oils, it was when my older children were teenagers and, later, as a representative for Le Reve. (preceding post Part 1) At that time, essential oils were starting to appear in large department stores and oil burners were flying out the stores' doors.

My first bottle of essential oil was Rosemary and that was 21 years ago, for the princely sum of $37 at Myer. We had quite a collection of oil burners at home. So that's what I used and, in all honesty, the effects were immediately noticeable on me.

Later, with Le Reve at my fingertips, I had quite a collection of oils in my pretty box.

When I worked in a particularly stressful environment, I would come home and use my relaxing oils- often geranium, rose and lavender- and have a power nap before making dinner. It was so refreshing as I could have a short but deep, rejuvenating nap.

Since those days, the knowledge has changed. I signed up with doTERRA as one of my daughters suffers from a chronic condition, and she was seeking complimentary ways of enhancing her wellness.

She made up a mixture of oils blended with coconut oil for my never-ending throat tickle and with a half teaspoon of this mixture, I had relief for the rest of the afternoon and night.

That was the winning point for me!

How have the ways of using essential oils changed?


When I originally started using essential oils, I always used an oil burner. Today, the word is that, when you burn the oils, you are killing their potency and therefore not getting the full benefits of the essential oils.

So I defer to this knowledge and, although I did feel the effects of the essential oils using a burner, I want to get the full effect of the oil by using the different methods now advocated.

Different Ways of using your essential oils:


  1. Aromatic Way- inhaling or using a diffuser to support your airways and affect your mood.
I use the doTERRA diffuser and it has cool vapour so it does not affect the potency of the oils.

I have a myriad of doTERRA recipes for making different concoctions as to what I want to inhale or diffuse.

As you become more knowledgeable about the oils, you start to make up your own recipes and many doTERRA groups share their experiences and recipes- like a devoted club of members helping each other out.

  1. Topically-apply to the bottoms of the feet or specific areas of the body.
Did you know that if you massage essential oils into the feet, it only takes 20 seconds to filter into your body. It is also a safe method to use with children and babies, when diluted in the correct amounts.

  1. Drop under the tongue, or put the oil into a gel cap, or in water to support digestion. DoTERRA is 100% pure and is certified as safe to ingest. Each batch can be traced to its source. If you are not using doTERRA, don't ingest unless the product has a guarantee as to its safety.


Safety message for you- ALWAYS make sure the essential oil you are using is a pure, therapeutic-grade essential oil. It must be guaranteed pure, natural, and free of synthetic compounds and contaminants.

Using essential oils can be life-changing but profoundly simple.

My partner has had 2 battles with cancer so he was very interested in learning all about the products to improve his immune system and increase vitality.

He was a truck driver and drove 12 hours overnight. He often suffered from fatigue. He always took a bottle of peppermint oil with him. He would wipe it onto his neck area or even take a whiff, when tired. He swears by it and never left without it.

I used to be very tired and foggy in the mornings so I got used to diffusing lemon and lavender in the car, on the way to work. It worked like magic and, after a 20-minute drive, my head was clear and I felt ready for the day.

I love essential oils and my partner and I have a lavender and coconut oil foot massage each night, and I also rub it 2-3 times a day into my eczema on my ankle, which is the result of an extreme allergic response to being bitten 16 years ago by sandflies plus a chemical burn from harsh steroid cream prescribed by a doctor.

I use Whisper (new product)  as my perfume and my partner just keeps smelling me- we both love it!

How to take responsibility for your wellness with essential oils?


You can join as an advocate with doTerra. It just means that you are interested in learning more about essential oils and natural ways of caring for yourself and your family from doTERRA literature, websites, and from online groups on Facebook.

You pay $35 and get 25% of all products plus being allocated points value for each product I buy. Believe me, doTERRA is VERY generous in this regard and the points add up very quickly and, before you know it, it's time for you to choose a FREE product.

Why is it worth paying the $35?

I am not an affiliate for doTerra but I do have their oils and I believe them to be the best.


BENEFIT 1


Well, 25% is an extremely generous discount as, for example, I could pay $34 for peppermint oil or I could choose to pay $25. The maths. makes it an easy decision.
More maths.- 21 years ago, I bought a bottle of Rosemary for $37. I could pay doTERRA's price of $28.68 as a retail customer or, as a Wellness Advocate, pay $21.50.

My daughter is absolutely delighted as she said she can't believe all the FREE products they parcel out to her because of the Points Value she receives for purchases- she says she keeps on getting! The points value of what you buy entitles you to further percentages off the products.

BENEFIT 2


The sharing of mutual experiences and a place to go where you can ask questions means you are constantly learning.

If you buy from a shop, you walk out with the product and a few words from the staff, who may or may not know much about the many different uses and applications of the oil purchased, or you go home and do some research yourself.

But the chances are that you will probably not learn the range of uses and different applications that are possible with essential oils.

BENEFIT 3


Being a wellness advocate is not about being pressured to start your own business.

It is about being able to afford pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils through their generous wholesale prices and learning and sharing experiences in the doTERRA community (if you want).

You will automatically be invited to a doTERRA community online. How much you contribute is totally up to you. The opportunity is there if you wish to extend the offer to others in the community.


You can find interesting posts on my facebook page Wellness with Oils and you can message me on this page.

Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is Hello Sunshine Aromatherapy Spray?

Why you should  include Hello  Sunshine Aromatherapy Spray in your self-care ritual  Hello Sunshine aromatherapy spray is a revitalizin...

Popular Posts